Tuesday, October 6, 2009

35 Weeks

We had our weekly doctor's appointment today! I had the wonderful opportunity to experience a fetal non-stress test in all its glory. Don't worry, much like bed rest it's nothing to write home about. The coolest part is watching Eli's heart rate go up when he moves from one side to the other. We have the luxury of having this non-stress test every week until Eli is born. His doctor says we are going to schedule an induction soon. Start praying now for a quick and easy induction instead of a slow and miserable one (for all parties involved).

Also, we did find out I don't have preeclampsia, I have "pregnancy induced hypertension." What is keeping me from having preeclampsia is the protein in my urine is very low (high is 3 or 4 and mine is less than 1).

How far along: 35 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: This is going to be my little secret. A lovely symptom of high blood pressure is water retention and seeing as I'm retaining water like a sham wow this weigh gain number has gone UP!
Maternity clothes: Yes!
Next doctor appt: Oct 13th (Parson's 8th Birthday)
Sleep: Sleep is not so easy to come by these days. I did find out that I could take Tylenol PM to help me sleep though (very excited about that)!
Best moment this week: Being told I could take Tylenol PM
Movement: These days he pretty much stays settled on my right side. You can tell most of the time my stomach is lop-sided.
Food cravings: Still eating lots of Taco Bell
Gender: BOY! Eli Duane Plunkett
Labor signs: No
Belly button in/out: In
What I miss: Not being puffy
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting Eli face to face!
Weekly Wisdom: "Why don't you go some where and eat lunch then go home." Dr. Damien after I had been at her office for almost 2 hours.
Milestones: He probably weighs a little over 5 lbs now (that a bag of sugar).

No comments: