Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Brown Serpent? Really?


I love caffiene. All forms of caffiene--Diet Dr. Pepper, coffee, tea, Red Bull, etc. While I was pregnant I did decrease my caffiene intake drastically and it was so sad. The week Eli was born one of the first places I went was Starbucks and ordered my pre-pregnancy regular: Grande Caramel Light Frappacino. It was so good! It was like the clouds opened up and angels smiled down.
I wouldn't consider myself an expert on coffee but I would consider myself a fan of coffee. While watching 30 Rock recently Kenneth referred to coffee as a hot liquid that he didn't drink because it was the Devil's temperature. Well, because my son was sleeping I decided to see what other names there were for coffee (yes, I'm a dork). The other names are: Joe, Java, The Brown Serpent, Bean Juice, and my favorite Go Juice.

The following is a recipe for Mocha Milkshake Shooters for all fans of coffee!

4 Scoops Coffee Ice Cream

1/4 Cup Whipping Cream

1/4 Cup Coffee

Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until well blended. This recipe was drastically altered from a recipe I saw in a Rachel Ray magazine last year. Her recipe called for two different types of alcohol so of course, I substituted whipping cream and coffee for the alcohol. When I've made this in the past I served it in sugar lined glasses! Yummy!!

No comments: