Saturday, February 27, 2010

Who Needs to Eat Out?

OH MY GOSH! So I made Pioneer Woman Spaghetti and Meatballs for dinner last night and they were SO GOOD. However, because I went (mostly) by the recipe we had a ton left over. What do you do with a ton of tasty meatballs? Make meatball subs for lunch the next day! Oh yes, you heard me. I made some wonderful meatball subs for lunch today. And yes, we still have meatballs in the fridge!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice your the bread of your choice in half. I used Cobblestone wheat sub rolls.
I cut the meatballs in half, put them on a separate plate and heated them up in the microwave just to get them warm. I don't like a lot of sauce on my sandwiches so I didn't heat up very much sauce.
Next, I sprinkled some mozzarella cheese on the bread slices then placed the warm meatballs halves on the bread. I zig zagged the meatballs so the sandwich would be full when you put them back together.
If I would have known I was going to make these sandwiches I would have used sliced mozzarella but since I didn't have any I sprinkled some on top and placed them in the oven until the cheese melted.

All done! This was a great lunch from a great dinner! Guess what Upstream Coords? This is what you are having Monday night for dinner!
Now if I can just master a good steak sandwich!

No comments: