Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Radiance

I love the word, "radiant." I don't know why but I love it. Disclaimer: If I ever write a book it will be titled Radiance. A prayer I pray often is that God would make me radiant. I love the way Christy Nockels sings it in her song, "Life Light Up," "Let my life light up like the city lights."


Living in Bryan the city lights are not that bright but when we lived in Plano we would travel to Dallas often for hockey games or concerts and those city lights are crazy bright. Those are the kinds of lights you want to shine like. I think we often make our radiance hinge on our moods. I believe radiance, just like our moods, is a choice. Now, before you quit reading this. Hear me out. I know we all have sucky days but ultimately we are the ones that choose our mood for the day. Even if you are having a bad day you should not hide Christ's radiance behind your crabby mood. He gave you this day so let His love shine from within you.


Here's the deal. In the Bible when it talks about radiance it is always God's radiance. It's His. Not ours. If we are living in the flesh we cannot be radiant. We must be living with God to even have radiance as an option for us.

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden." Matthew 5:14

3 comments:

Sarah Elizabeth Buckner said...

Good post!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That kind of gives my moods lately a new look. Thanks. I love you

Mom

Cynthia said...

Well spoken my friend! You radiated Him through this post!