Thursday, February 17, 2011

Harper at 28 Weeks

Say it ain't so--two posts in one day!  Yep!  I have to update on each kiddo.  Eli's haircut first then Harper's progress!

How far along: 28 Weeks

Size of baby: According to "What to Expect When You're Expecting," Harper is about the size of a head of cabbage and weighing about 3 lbs.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +5 pounds.  I don't weigh myself at home so I won't know if I've gained more weight until my next doctor's appointment.
Maternity Clothes:  I still wear a couple of non-maternity shirts but all my pants are maternity or extremely stretchy!  This far along in the pregnancy I really don't want to buy any more maternity clothes but I might have too.
Gender: Girl!  Harper Lee Plunkett!
Movement: Harper is pretty active. She is not as active as Eli was but she's starting to move more and more.  You can also see her move from the outside now. 
Sleep: Once I fall asleep it is GOOD sleep and some crazy dreams! It is getting harder and harder to fall asleep though.  But my doctor says I can take Tylenol PM so if I feel a sleepless night is approaching I will take one.
What I miss: Going a whole night without having to get up to go to the bathroom and not having heartburn 24 hours a day.
Cravings:  I don't think I have super weird cravings but sometimes the mood strikes for ice cream or something.  And I do love a good Coke Icee!
Symptoms: I have that annoying restless leg junk and sadly, I read that hot baths can sometimes make it worse so for a week I haven't taken a hot bath and I think it is better.  I also have started getting heartburn from the moment I wake up.  That's just not right especially, when you love Mexican food as much as I do.
Best moment this week:  Getting the results of my glucose screening!  "Perfectly normal," is exactly what the nurse said!
What's happening next:  March 2nd is my next doctor's appointment. 

No comments: