Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Managing God's Money by Randy Alcorn

If you are looking for one book to answer all your money questions, “Managing God’s Money,” by Randy Alcorn is the book you must add to your library. When I say this book answers all your money questions I am not exaggerating. Rightly so, he starts off with what the Bible actually says about money and stewardship then jumps into everyone’s first misconception about money, “Does the Bible say money is evil?”


This book contains a lot of information. I will admit when I first received it and flipped through the pages I thought it was too much information in one book. But the format of the book is what makes it easier to approach. The book is broke down by sections, each section is broke down by chapters then each chapter is written as if it were the FAQ section of a pamphlet. Some of the questions included in the book are: Is it possible to follow God and money? Why does God prosper us sometimes? What does it mean to store up treasures in Heaven? Should reward be our only motivation? Isn’t tithing legalism? Should we tithe on our gross or net? Are we to blame for people’s poverty? Is gambling okay? The list goes on and on.

This would be an excellent resource for recent college graduates that are potentially going to be at their first full-time job making their own money decisions or a newlywed couple that will be making those decisions together. If this book would have been given to me for either of those occasions I probably wouldn’t read it straight through but instead I would read the Table of Contents and look up the questions I had first and get those answered and keep the book around when I approach different phases of life and need a refresher.

Thanks to Tyndale Publishing for providing a complimentary copy of this book for reviewing purposes.

No comments: