Monday, June 23, 2008

Electric Bill Update

Okay, in an effort to lower our electric bill I have purchased black out curtains for our bedrooms to keep some of the heat out and I have to say...I think they are working. We have not hung the curtains in Corby's room yet but they are in our master bedroom. If you have never heard of black out curtains they have a thermal backing on the back of the curtains to keep light out therefore making your room darker and cooler in the summer. They also come in a variety of colors so don't think you have to just have black curtains. I ordered the master bedroom curtains off walmart.com in navy and Corby's curtains are black because that matches his room.

As soon as I get my next electric bill I will let you know the outcome of my energy savings!

No comments: