Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Foodie Diaries

Last night I made a pretty legit dinner...if I do say so myself! The menu included: peppercorn crusted pork loin, salad, bread, and potatoes. Of course, the pork loin recipe came from a recently purchased America's Test Kitchen magazine. The pork loin rub included brown sugar, peppercorn, and salt and it was great!

The only thing I regret is not actually owning a roasting pan. I really thought I could Alton Brown it and not use a roasting pan so I used a cookie cooler on top of a 13 x 9 cake pan. Don't worry the pork loin got roasted but it was a little touchy because the art of a roasting pan is they are pretty darn heavy and my $7.00 cake pan is not so heavy therefore, the sauce you are supposed to put in the bottom of the roasting pan swished around a bit when I took it out. What lesson did I learn? I need to purchase a roasting pan...FYI, the cookie cooler worked but the cheap pan underneath was the problem. Oh well, live and learn!

Happy cooking!!

1 comment:

Emily Elaine said...

The public wants to see more Parson on here:) We miss you guys so much! Glad things are going well for youthough:)