Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tis the Season...

This past Sunday the following two questions were posed at our Freedom table group: 1). What are you most looking forward to this Christmas? 2). What are you not looking forward to this Christmas? Not surprising the answer to these questions can sometimes be the same answer: Family. As much as we love to see our family during the holidays sometimes it is that very family that also drives us crazy at the holidays.

I like to say that I have plenty of crazies in my family but they are my crazies. Most of them I wouldn't trade for anything (haha). It's sad that we don't think about everything we missed with our families until there are less and less of them around. Recently, it seems like every time I open my e-mail or get a phone call it's to tell me something bad about someone I know. One of my good friends from Southwestern lost her brother-in-law in a car wreck, another friend also lost her brother-in-law in a wreck, too many people are diagnosed with terminal illnesses, and then there's always someone you hear about that's just not talking to their family for some reason or another. You only have one family for better or worse God gave them to you.

No comments: