Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pioneer Woman-ish Salsa Recipe

I found a Pioneer Woman (PW) salsa recipe and it looked so good! However due to the lack of ingredients at my house I either omitted or substituted some of the items.
1/4 tsp sugar
2 tsp chopped garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cumin
1 can rotel
1 can diced tomatoes
splash of lemon juice

PW calls for fresh chopped garlic (I can't keep fresh garlic at my house before it goes bad), 2 cans of rotel (I pretty much split her recipe in half so I only used one), 28 oz can of tomatoes (I used 14.5 oz can), lime juice (all I had was lemon juice), and fresh cilantro (don't like cilantro so I don't have any at the house).

I have a kiddie food processor so I had to make this in three batches then mix them all together in a larger bowl. So I put all my dry ingredients in a small bowl and mixed them together and scooped some tomatoes and rotel into the food processor.

I put half the dry ingredients with my tomotoes and pulsed until I had the desired thickness I wanted. I like thinner salsa with no big chunks.

Finished product! I did take a little sample taste and it's pretty good if I do say so myself.

No comments: