Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Will Always Love You

Oh yes, I will always love coffee drinks. I don't really care for just black coffee. Don't get me wrong--I'll drink it but I'd much rather pour liquid goodness in it. Recently, this stay at home mom had the opportunity to work part time for a contractor while he was on vacation. What did I do with the first paycheck I've received in five months? What else? Bought a new espresso machine and coffee grinder! When we moved our previous, less expensive, machine broke and I was pretty sad about it but I didn't want to buy the same machine again. I wanted to upgrade. But then my bundle of joy was born and this two income family went to one income so the prospect of a better espresso machine was not in the immediate future. UNTIL NOW!

So...what's my favorite drink? Have you ever seen those little cans of Starbucks Double Shot in gas stations? Well, that's it! I looked online and found the recipe and so far every morning that is my drink of choice.

2 shots of espresso*
2 oz (4 tbsp) half and half
2 oz (4 tbsp) skim milk
2 Splenda packets
Mix all together and add some ice!

Confession: Some days this is a triple shot (with 3 of everything instead of 2).

*If you don't have an espresso machine I've read that you can make your regular coffee then pour that coffee into the water reservoir of your machine and run it through the same coffee grinds again.

1 comment:

Sarah Elizabeth Buckner said...

I can't wait to try tomorrow!!