Thursday, August 19, 2010

Brazilian Blowout

Okay, maybe I'm just behind on the latest hair trends but have you heard of a Brazilian Blowout?  Well, let me educate you:

Salons guarantee after a Brazilian Blowout your hair will be frizz free and manageable for 6-12 weeks, depending on how well you take care of it.  Apparently, it is also humidity proof.  Here is a before and after picture from the Brazilian Blowout website:


When I first read about these I thought that would be great for this mop I'm growing out.  Not that I would be getting one anytime soon but I was thinking it would cost about $100.00.  Well, guess how much they cost?

Go ahead.  Guess.





$411.00!  Now if you don't want the take home treatment that makes it last longer it's "only" $250.00.  I wish I had a hidden camera when I heard that number.  There I was driving along Texas Avenue in the lovely College Station when this very polite girl in a local salon says, "The full treatment is $411.00."  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  Are you comprehending that?  Four hundred and eleven dollars....for a hair treatment...that doesn't last forever. 

Needless to say, I won't be getting one.  I think I'll just stick with my flat iron. 

No comments: