Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Harper at 32 Weeks

Since we are moving I had to find a new doctor that would deliver Harper.  Who knew that could be so complicated?!  Apparently, when you are 32 weeks along it gets a little tricky.  Through some references I found a doctor at the Mercy Women's Clinic in Rogers.  Her name is Dr. Martinelli and she is great!  My first appointment with her was yesterday.  The office staff is so friendly considering we are not only changing doctors but also insurance plans!  So here's the low down on Harper:

How far along: 32 Weeks


Size of baby: According to "What to Expect When You're Expecting," Harper is about the size of a honeydew and weighing about 4.5 lbs.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: +12 pounds. I'm okay with 12 lbs right now considering I gained 37 POUNDS total with Eli and there was only one of him!!!
Maternity Clothes: I still wear a couple of non-maternity shirts but all my pants are maternity or extremely stretchy!  However, it occured to me a couple of days ago that Easter will be here while I'm huge-o pregnant.  That should be interesting I'm sure.  Trust me, no cute floral dresses this year!  Pretty sure I would look like a flower garden!
Gender: Girl! Harper Lee Plunkett!
Movement: Harper is pretty active.  She's usually on my right side and sometimes I think she's trying to stand up!  We've reached the stage where she's trying to stretch out and I'm holding her back.
Sleep: Once I fall asleep it is GOOD sleep and some crazy dreams! It is getting harder and harder to fall asleep though. But my doctor says I can take Tylenol PM so if I feel a sleepless night is approaching I will take one.
What I miss: Going a whole night without having to get up to go to the bathroom and not having heartburn 24 hours a day. By omitting some things from my diet my heart burn has gotten better and I also keep Tums in my purse at all times. Sadly, the things that cause heartburn are some of my absolute favorite things, like tomato products (spaghetti sauce, pizza, BBQ), coffee, carbonated beverages, and acidy things (orange juice).
Cravings: I don't think I have super weird cravings but sometimes the mood strikes for ice cream or something. And I do love a good Coke Icee!
Symptoms: I have that annoying restless leg junk and the heartburn is crazy!  I am not kidding--I get heartburn around 8 AM!  Usually, I haven't even eaten anything at that point!  It seems everything gives me heartburn, I'm averaging about 8 Tums a day at this point.
Best moment this week: Finding a house on Monday and having a doctor's appointment on Tuesday.  Two big stressors about our move that were taken care of fairly quickly.
What's happening next: My next doctor appointment is April 1st.

No comments: