Thursday, March 10, 2011

Little Star by Anthony DeStefano

“Little Star,” is actually a Christmas book but I couldn’t resist the opportunity to review it because I love books that have little boys as the main characters because I have a little boy. Anthony DeStefano starts off his children’s book with a boy asking a question and his father spends the rest of the book answering his question, “Dad, which one is the Christmas star?”


I don’t want to say too much about the actual story because it is really good and you need to buy it for your kids. “Little Star,” is the story of the little star’s ultimate gift for Jesus the night He was born. I’m not usually a fan of books covering up the Christmas story to make it something cute and marketable. I don’t feel this book does that. It still tells the Christmas story but it is bookended by the story of the little star’s gift as well.

Might I also add the illustrations in this book are wonderful. Mark Elliott did a great job illustrating this story without it looking like a cartoon or comic book. This book needs to be added to your Christmas book library.

Thanks to Blogging for Books for the complementary copy of this book to review.

No comments: