Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Girls of Summer Reading List

It's that time of year again!  Time to sit by the pool, soak up some rays, and expand your mind.  Or in my case, sit in a chair by the kiddie pool in my backyard after I douse my kids in SPF 50 and douse myself in SPF 5.  Here are my recommendations for the girls this summer:

Lady in Waiting, by Jackie Kendall.  I know it has a cheesy title but it is an excellent book that I highly recommend to any girl not married.  Even if you are engaged I would still recommend it!  The author does an excellent job of telling real life stories while always going back to the Bible in the end.  There is tons of scripture and the most recent version (pictured to the left) even has basically an entire study guide/journal at the end.

The Scent of Water, by Naomi Zacharias.  I did a review of this book a couple of weeks ago and loved it!  If you want to know more about it you will just have to read the review by going here.


Surprised by Worship, by Travis Cottrell. I also did a review of this book too. This is a good summer reading book because it's small and you can tuck it away in the smallest of purses and read it any time! To read my review of this book go here.  
 
  If you are looking for fiction you will have to ask someone else because I don't read much fiction and what I do read is usually suspense type stuff...sorry.

No comments: