Saturday, June 25, 2011

Michael W. Smith

A crazy long time ago when I first started listening to Christian music the top three artists you always heard on Christian radio were Michael W. Smith, Steven Curtis Chapman, and DC Talk.  I know I have pretty much dated myself but that's okay.  Occasionally I'm a little old school when it comes to my music selections.  A couple of days ago Chris told me that Michael W. Smith was going to do a private concert for Dayspring employees at our church and the staff was invited but they couldn't tell anyone because the concert really wasn't opened for the public.  I was super excited but I didn't tell anyone...until the day of!

Below I have included my top three favorite Michael W. Smith songs:




Place In This World
This was the first Michael W. Smith song I heard on the radio.  To completely let you figure out how old I am I kept a blank cassette in my radio so the next time the song came on the radio I could record it!  Yep, I was compiling a mixed tape!



The Giving
This was off his completely instrumental album.  This is my favorite Michael W. Smith album ever!  This song was actually played at our wedding as our families were walking in.



There She Stands
I grew up with insanely patriotic grandparents and several of my family members have served in the military and I am forever grateful for their sacrifices.  The story behind this song is pretty cool too.  Perhaps I'll post it for the Fourth of July.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MWS has always, ALWAYS been my fav Christian singer! Yeah, Mike makes fun of me for it. :)
-Jessica

Kara said...

Oh man I love Michael W Smith! Takes me back to the good ol' days of Christian music. Back when Ray Boltz wasn't openly gay and Carmen was pretty big stuff. And Steven Curtis Chapman was saddling up his horse to go on a great adventure, while Geoff Moore and the Distance was playin' baseball. Ah, good times, what classic music :)