Monday, February 15, 2010

I'm a Little Behind

I know, I know. I'm behind on posting something everyday. Who knew that could be so daunting. Let me take a moment to get you up to speed on my life. I have 5 lbs to lose before I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight (I have more weight to lose after that 5 lbs). This 5 lbs will not leave me! I was even sick for two days and didn't lose any weight! I expressed my frustration with my doctor and she advised me to lower my calorie intake to 1200 calories per day for about a week just to shock my system then up it to 1500 calories per day and increase my cardio to 5-30 minute sessions instead of the 3 I had been trying to fit in.

Currently, I'm trying to modify recipes I already cook to make them more heart healthy and lower in fat. I'm also tired of eating the same things so I'm on the hunt for new ideas. One website that has super good recipes is Pioneer Woman. However, much like Paula Dean, she is a lover of butter so I'm going to attempt to modify some of her recipes also.

I would encourage you to modify some of your favorites instead of omitting them all together. The worst thing that can happen is it tastes bad and then you never make it again.

Happy experimenting!

NOTE: This recommendation was from my doctor pertaining to my weight and current health. Please seek your doctor's recommendation if you need to drop some stubborn weight.

No comments: