Monday, August 16, 2010

It's Time to Wake Up!

I'm going to preface this post with a disclaimer:  I have NOT seen "Eat, Pray, Love," or read the book.  I do not care to support either with my money. 

Now on to the post:
I feel like I have seen the movie, "Eat, Pray, Love," simply because I saw Julia Roberts on Oprah and saw so many movie clips.  After hearing about the movie and book I get a little scared that this is what some women think life is about.  Watching the previews you get the idea that the main character is having a, what she thinks is, a boring life.  What do you do when you're life gets boring?  Go to Italy of course!  In my life it may be Olive Garden but not Italy.  I do notice in my own life when I get in a funk it usually always goes back to how much time I'm spending my Creator, or lack there of.

Julia Robert's character says at one point, "I want to go some place where I can marvel."  When you want to marvel at something go outside and see creation, look at your kids and remember where they have come from, marvel at God's creation not man's creation of temples and gods and such.  It saddens me to think people will watch this movie and think they can find true happiness by following the example of this book or movie. 

If anyone belongs to Christ, there is a new creation.  The old things have gone; everything is made new!  All this is from God.  Through Christ, God made peace between us and Himself.  2 Corinthians 5:17-18

Ultimate freedom comes from Christ...not from world travels or Italian food or hot guys.  It comes from the Creator of the universe, the life giver, the faithful Father, the beginning and end...God.   

No comments: